As 2020 comes to an end Com.It.Es South Australia is pleased to provide the community with a summary of our projects and accomplishments this year.
- Hosted the official welcome event for the new Consul of Italy to Adelaide in conjunction with the Department for Premier and Cabinet
- Completed and printed our Community Engagement Report
- Completed and printed our Language and Culture Report
- Advocated to both State and Federal governments during COVID to provide assistance to citizens abroad
- Invited to collaborate with the Federal government during COVID-19 to provide an update of local issues
- Hosted the official welcome event for the Italian Ambassador to Adelaide in conjunction with the Italian Consulate
- Created a 4-year partnership with the UniSA to award the best Italian student with an award for excellence
- Created a 4-year partnership with SACE to award the best Italian student in Yr12 with an award for excellence
- Sponsored and supported the re-branded Adelaide Italian Festival
- Supported and advocated for increased funds from Italy for the Dante Alighieri Society to conduct their work of Italian language and culture in our schools.
- Completed the official AIRE bilingual information sheet in partnership with the Italian Consulate
- Re-signed a new lease to continue our partnership with the SA Italian Association allowing us to have a home and central office for the wider Italian community to access for the next 6-years.
Com.It.Es South Australia wishes to thank the Italian community and government stakeholders for their continual support and assistance throughout the year. We continue to work and advocate in the best interests of the Italian community of South Australia and we are proud to have served the community positively this year given the circumstances. Furthermore, we wish to thank the Consul of Italy Mr Adriano Stendardo and his staff for their amazing and tireless efforts during the year.
We wish to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and we look forward to continuing our work for you in 2021!