For more information please click on headings
will engage with all of its stakeholders to:
- directly engage with the Italian community and promote the presence, role and function of Com.It.Es
- directly engage and maintain a strong presence within the Italian welfare framework here in SA and provide formal ties and relationship with Com.It.Es,
- directly engage and maintain a strong presence within the Italian association framework here in SA and provide formal ties and relationship with Com.It.Es
- co-ordinate various projects that directly assist in the arrival of new-Italians.
- provide a strong presence and formal connection and ongoing relationship with various areas of the Italian-Australian community so those relationships can be harnessed for the education and research committee to undertake a needs analysis of the South Australian Italian communities to inform its potential projects.
- website management and development
- co-ordinate and organise official Com.It.Es events in conjunction with key stakeholders
Chairperson: Dr Christian Verdicchio
- undertake a needs analysis of the South Australian Italian communities through surveys and focus groups sessions to inform the developments of projects, and gain vital information that can be used to shape the evolving objectives of Com.It.Es;
- support proposals and initiatives that promote the diffusion of the Italian language and culture, academic research and business and trade collaboration between Italy and Australia;
- work closely with various stakeholders within the education and research framework including but not restricted to ARIA, Dante Alighieri Society, Department of Education, universities, schools to promote and as appropriate to assist these organisations in promoting Italy and Australia research and education ties,
- host forums, seminars, on a range of themes with the aim to promote education, research and understanding between Italy and Australia.
- where possible create scholarship opportunities and/or small scale project funding across the areas of language, culture, business and trade, and research between Italy and Australia
Chairperson: Prof Angela Scarino